Before You Arrive
For guests who plan to arrive before 1pm, there will be hourly entry times to choose from. Those arriving after 1pm will purchase a ticket that is good for entry any time after 1pm. The times on the tickets are only to confirm your entry time. Guests are welcome to visit the Zoo throughout our open hours. We will not have set exit hours, except our closing time of 6pm. This reserves your entry time. The Zoo is operating at a limited capacity to allow for social distancing and follow local guidelines for the health and safety of guests, staff and animals.
Members will still receive free entry and no longer need to make timed entry reservations. Members can walk-up and we can accommodate you as long as we have not reached our maximum capacity. If we have increased attendance that results in us meeting our capacity, timed entry may be re-instated. Memberships will be extended equal to the length of our closure. Any memberships that expired during the closure will also be extended, but that may not show immediately. If you would like to book your member reservation, but you are having difficulties, please call our membership department at (559) 498-5921.
We also recommend you review and download our digital map and visitors guide before you arrive. We will not be handing out paper maps, so this map and guide will be a handy resource throughout your visit and have the most up-to-date information.
When You Arrive
Please arrive during your time block. If you are early, please wait in your car until your designated arrival time. If you are late for your selected timed entry, we will do our best to accommodate you. However, we cannot guarantee that your access to the Zoo will be immediate as we will be maintaining a maximum capacity.
Please look for the member/pre-purchased tickets line when you arrive. Please have your membership card and photo ID out and ready to be scanned so that we can get you in the Zoo as quickly as possible to start your visit.
Exhibits and Attractions
Zoorassic Park will be open during Zoo hours. If you have a season pass, please have your membership card and photo ID ready to show at the Zoorassic Park entrance. Entrance to this exhibit is not timed, but there may be a wait as we allow for social distancing between groups.
Winged Wonders Bird Show will continue, but seating will be limited to allow for social distancing. Staff will be available to seat your group.
Stingray Bay entry, touching and feeding are available for an added charge. Entry is $2 per person. Member entry is free. Feeding is $1 per feeding.
Giraffe feeding is available. Twiga Terrace is open to guests who are participating in giraffe feeding. The capacity is limited, so please see staff at the bridge to the terrace for entry. They will also confirm that you have your mask on as masks are required in this area.
The following programs and areas are not part of this phase of our opening and are on pause.
- Keeper chats & presentations
- Play areas including Dino Dig, Meerkat Play and Wilderness Falls
- Valley Farms, Tropical Treasure, Reptile Building, and Roo Walkabout
- George’s Pass, maps and visitors guides
Some areas will be marked as one-way paths. Please look for signs and floor markers that note these areas.
Food, Beverage and Retail
Safari Café & Kopje Lodge will be open, offering a limited menu of grab-and-go options. At this time, refillable souvenir cups will be unavailable. In compliance with regulations for indoor areas closing at zoos, our staff will process orders and purchases outside of the Kopje Lodge and the gift shop. Guests will not be able to enter either indoor area.
There will be additional areas open to enjoy your meal such as Bird Show Lawn and Canopy Grove, but please remember to maintain social distancing.
Water fountains will be covered to eliminate touch points, but bottle filling stations will be available at Sea Lion Cove and Stingray Bay.
Gift shops will be open for purchases outside in front of the shop, but the indoor area will be closed.
Health and Safety Reminders
Throughout your visit, please keep these important health and safety guidelines in mind.
- Please remember to follow social distancing guidelines and stay a minimum of 6 feet away from others.
- Consistent with local regulations, our staff will be wearing facial coverings. We ask that guests 2 and over bring a facial covering for when social distancing is not possible during any part of their visit. Masks are required to be worn in the following locations: giraffe feeding station at Twiga Terrace, Kopje Lodge servery and gift shops. Look for signs indentifying high traffic areas where masks may be required when others are present. Staff will also inform you when masks are required.
- We have done our best to minimize touchpoints, but please be aware to minimize contact with high touch areas, wash or sanitize your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, and avoid touching your face. The Zoo has also installed hand sanitizing stations around the Zoo.
- If you are sick or running a fever on the day of your scheduled visit, we ask that you postpone your visit for another day. Simply contact the Zoo and we will work to re-schedule you to another date and time.