Our educator’s resources will help support your visit to the Zoo and extend your student’s experience back into the classroom.
Fresno Chaffee Zoo is happy to welcome school groups for field trips!
- Fresno County Student: $4.00
- Outside Fresno County Student: $5.00
- Fresno County Educator/Adult: $8.00
- Outside Fresno County Educator/Adult: $9.00
- All self-led field trips will receive 1 free educator/adult for every 5 student tickets purchased. If you are interested in an on-site educational program or docent tour, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information and availability.
- Special needs classes will receive as many educator/adult ticket as needed to successfully bring the class to the Zoo.
Minimum Required Number of Guests: 10 total guests
Special needs classes do not need to meet the minimum number.
Making a Reservation:
Field trip reservations should be made at least 1 month before desired visit date. Only organizations that are valid educational institutions will be able to reserve field trip rate tickets. A full list of valid California educational institutions can be found on the California School Directory on the California Department of Education’s website.
Full payment at least 1 week before the visit date is highly recommended (but not required) to expedite the group’s entry to the Zoo for the field trip. All payments are due by the day of the field trip and must be paid in one lump sum payment. Multiple payments will not be accepted on the day of visit.
To make a reservation for a Fresno Chaffee Zoo Field Trip, please visit https://forms.gle/9JH7GeznKK1Y3eZE6.
Are you looking to get the most out of your school Zoo visit? Our education department offers helpful activities to prepare your students for their upcoming trip, or to use in your classroom to enrich and expand on your school year curriculum.
Throughout the school year, Fresno Chaffee Zoo offers many unique educational experiences that are fun, engaging and interactive. Programs range in grade levels and provide activities that reinforce standard based concepts to enrich your school year curriculum. We also have packets available to help focus your students during a self-guided Zoo trip with scavenger hunts and fact sheets.
Accessibility and Inclusion
We offer a number of accommodations and resources to help guests enjoy the Zoo. Please see our Accessibility and Inclusion page for more information about the resources available before and during your visit.